The first announcement and call for abstracts has been issued for the 14th International Conference of the Association of Institutes for Tropical Veterinary Medicine, to be held on 25–29 August 2013 at the Indaba Hotel and Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The theme is: “The livestock-human-wildlife interface” – Challenges in animal health and production in urban and extensive farming/conservation systems.
The scientific program consists of the following six themes:
- Diagnosis, surveillance and control at the interface
- Drivers of emerging and re-emerging diseases (with particular reference to zoonoses)
- Animal welfare at the interface
- Food safety and food security (including marketing and trade)
- Training opportunities in the context of the interface
- Animal health and production
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Friday 15 February 2013. Abstracts are to be submitted electronically at http://www.easyabstract.com
Online registration for the conference will open on 1 February 2013 on the website, http://www.aitvm2013.org