Over 15 scientists from the Food Safety and Zoonoses program at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) are among 250 participants attending the Africa 2013 Ecohealth Conference in Grand-Bassam, Côte d’Ivoire. The ILRI team will give 20 oral presentations during two parallel sessions on risk analysis in ecohealth as well as five poster presentations.
The general objective of the conference, which runs from 1 to 5 October 2013, is to contribute to the sharing of knowledge among researchers, health practitioners and policymakers on integrated and transdisciplinary studies that are related to health within the framework of adaptations to global changes.
This is the first-ever joint conference of leading African and intercontinental scientific societies dedicated or working to improve public health and ecology. The conference is jointly organized by the following institutions:
- Centre Suisse de Recherches Scientifiques en Côte d’Ivoire (CSRS)
- Communauté de Pratiques en Ecosanté de l’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre (COPES-AOC)
- Ecohealth Network of East and Southern Africa
- International Association for Ecology and Health
- University of Benin
- University of Côte d’Ivoire
More information is available on the conference website.